Friday, June 20, 2014

Freehand Watercolor

This was a liberating (eventually) technique where I watched one of The Storyteller's videos, put away my reservations and dove right in.  The first couple of attempts were painful but by this one, my fourth, maybe fifth, my kid sis said my leaves finally looked a bit like leaves.

You should give this a try and don't give up.  You will definitely see improvement the more you do it.  I'm going to keep practicing so I have a more delicate greenery look and greater dimension.  My fav part of this card?  The way the green bleeds away to the right.  So pretty on the cream watercolor paper.

The Details:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Fired Brick, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint), Aquarelle watercolor paper, Flavours Gourmet cardstock in lemongrass 12PT (seems about 80 lb), Martha Stewart corner rounder, My Favorite Things sentiment from IB Flowers 3

I'm entering this in Make My Monday Pretty in Pink and Little Tangles 39 Watercolor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!