Sunday, August 24, 2014

Just Because


While I was visiting the CASE Study 4th anniversary 3rd week blog hop, I was really struck by Aga's card that Julie Ebersole had CASed.  I just kept coming back to it over the last few days which is a sure sign I should make one of my own, huh?

I decided to mix it up a very tiny bit by adding gray for the sentiment.  Otherwise, I stuck pretty close to Aga's--bold floral, simple sentiment, scattering of bling and random splotches of color.  If you look closely, you'll see that the Gansai Tambi watercolor is shiny too; I just dabbed some water into the pan and used it in a very undiluted state.  I've found that GT's remain shiny when applied thickly like that.

I'm including a pic of Frankie today.  He's sleeping in a cool basket made of paper that I picked up at a charity yard sale.  I just threw a towel in the bottom and now it's his favorite place to craft (okay, mainly sleep but it allows me to craft so win-win).


The Details:  Gansai Tambi watercolors, Hot Off the Press Simply Susan stamp, PTI white cardstock and sentiment, Versafine black onyx, Memento London Fog, Pretty Pink Posh 4mm clear sequins, Glossy Accents as glue

I'm entering this in CASE Study 4th Anniversary 3rd week, Addicted to Stamps & More #109 CAS

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful case, love the design and colors of your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect CAS card! I adore everything about it.Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great and beautiufl card. Glad you joined us over at case study challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is so elegante! I love it! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning CAS card, Toni. I love that hint of yellow! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. The simplicity. Just perfect. Lovely photo from Franie. Cats are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That basket is made of PAPER?!! I'd be sleeping in it, too, if I were Frankie!

    Your card is fantastic, Toni! Congratulations on the HM honors from ATSM!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!