Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Happy Feet


My order of Mama Elephant and Simon Says holiday goodies arrived and I finished up the first of many cards, I'm sure.  I took my inspiration from the current CAS(E) This Sketch, just under the wire too.  I really like the layout so may Christmasify this design on a future card by adding some of the winter hats included in the set and changing out the sentiment.  Cute!!!

I first diecut the ME stitched border die for a hill then I stamped the penguins willy nilly.  The last one reminds me of when penguins launch themselves down a hill straight into the water.  To die for cute!  (get it--to "die" for, ba bum bum)    Next was the sentiment followed by texture paste snow.  While the stencil was still in place I added glitter to the flakes.  While that was drying I used Scor Tape on the card base and burnished glitter onto it for blingy snow.  You guessed, I mounted the scene on foam tape on top of that.  Voila!

The Details:  Mama Elephant Jolly & Merry sentiment, Arctic Penguins and stitched curves border dies, Simon Says Falling Snow embossing folder, Doodlebug Design Sugar Coating Lily White Glitter (my absolute fav), and Versafine Onyx Black

I'm entering this in CAS(E) This Sketch! #96, Fab 'n' Funky #234 In Stitches Let's Have a Laugh, The Paper Players #218 CAS
Edited 23 Oct 2014:  Took a new picture at the office with better light after I had colored the beaks and feets.

12 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! How did this Mama E. get passed me? I'll tell them you sent me, Toni!
    =] Michele - Love Frankie... looks just like my HObbes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is cool! I love those penguins. I might need to add them to my wishlist. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, super cute image, thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Love these penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your happy feet card makes me happy! It's adorable. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are adorable! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super fast shopper you are!!! I love those adorable penguins and think they will be as popular as the panda's. They are great for someone like me who doesn't colour. Love the layout of the card and that stunning glitter. I can imagine we will be seeing more of these penguins from you as we get closer to Xmas....and I don't mind at all!!!!! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a super card. You are so clever, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those adorable penguins! So cute. Also love the name of your blog and your cute kitty Frankie! Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge this week at The Paper Players, Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is too tooo cuutee Toni I love your idea change position of the sketch..ADORABLE Penguin card..love this Toni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!