Monday, February 23, 2015

Birthday Bouquet


I haven't been making cards much lately (still getting over the bronchitis--ick) but have been in the mood to create so I've been practicing my color while laid up.  Isn't this a happy, bright image?  I created a mask for the vase which is supposed to have stems and marbles but I wanted plain so I could place sentiment across it.  I like the image so much without the bottom clutter; the plain vase really allows the flowers to take center stage.

I must say I colored this multiple times and finally hit upon shades of orange and teal that I was satisfied with.  Definitely a process.  Originally I colored the large flower a bit more muted coral and hated it so I colored it again (and again), fussy cut it and covered up the ugly.  Voila!  The added bit of dimension is rather cool.


The Details:  Stampendous Bowl Bouquet, PTI Think Big Favorites #24, Recollections 110lb white cardstock base, Hammermill Color Copy 80lb Photo White Cover Stock, Simon Says stitched rectangle die, Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, Spectrum Noir GT1, GT2, EB3, EB4, CG1, CG2, GG1, BG1, BG2, OR1, OR2

I'm entering this in Addicted to CAS #57 Mask, Fusion, AAA Cards #33 Orange You Glad Ur CAS, Seize the Birthday without Hearts/Arrows topping, and Penny Black Anything Goes



18 comments:

  1. Wow, your colouring is wonderful! Love that amazing image too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever masking for that gorgeous sentiment ... stunning coloring too ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I am really loving your orange coloring here!! That image is gorgeous and you've done a beautiful job with it! ;) Thanks for your lovely comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni, I saw your card over at STB and I had to come by to get a better look! I think taking away the bottom elements of the vase was a great idea! Amazing job!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Seize the Birthday and hope to see more of your work...and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi toni, sorry to hear you weren't well, but your practicing has paid off with this beautiful image! i love how you masked the vase to place the sentiment; very creative! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring and beautiful image! Also, love the font on your sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally stunning -- fabulous coloring - Thanks for joining in at AAA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous bouquet, Toni! Beautiful colors and a gorgeous sentiment! So glad you shared this with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, this is lovely. awesome colors.
    hope you feel better soon.
    anytime you want to join us for a crafty day...we'd love for you to join us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! LOVING that bouquet of flowers. So glad you could play along with our orange challenge at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a stunning card! I love the coloring. Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Toni! This is just gorgeous! Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So good to see your still crafting here and there, and that your gradually feeling better. That virus must have really knocked you around, you poor thing. Hope you've been well looked after. Your colouring skills are amazing. I'm so scared of orange but you've used it beautifully and love it with that turquoise. Look after yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing coloring! Thanks for sharing with us over at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your challenge wins.Good thing you kept trying, because the end result is stunning. I will make a note of your SN colour combos so I can try them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're such a master of coloring. Love the detail! Thanks for joining in at AAA.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So great to see a feminine card for this challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful card and amazing coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!