Tuesday, March 1, 2016

House of Cards March Challenge


It's cue word time at the House of Cards:  silhouette!  I think of all sorts of things like shadows, sunsets/sunrises, dusk, old timey profile silhouettes, even my Silhouette Cameo.  The possibilities abound so come join in the fun!

For my card, I created a powdered dye background which always turns out as a surprise.  This time I was reminded of a meadow at dusk where the colors are starting to deepen so I made that my theme.  And, unfortunately, I've depleted my supply of sympathy cards and thought this card would fit the bill nicely.  I added a black strip on the left because it felt right--I know you know what I mean--and used a soft gray base.


The Details:  Inkadinkado Meadow, Clearly Besotted Thinking of You, Tim Holtz watercolor paper, Recollections 110lb white cardstock base, pale gray mystery paper that I love, Versafine Onyx Black, Jacquard Acid Dyes


21 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Stunning background! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa. this is gorgeous. the colors are wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice sympathy card. And your bacground and stamps are great.So fun to see all you girls creations and howe diffrent they are on the same theme.
    (✿*‿*) Ma (Merethe)
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a really pretty card, Toni! I just love that background and the bright blend of gorgeous colors that set off your silhouette!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that powder dye background ... perfect with the black silhouette. Amazing design Toni! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a fantastic background! The vibrant colors are perfect with the silhouettes! Splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just SO beautiful, Toni! I adore the colors you chose--and I really agree with you about the black strip! Gorgeous card, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Toni,your background is stunning with your silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Toni,your background is stunning with your silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the silhouette image you used with your "meadow" background. Love the bg you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pretty. I now need to find out what a powdered dye background is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh, Toni, this is a gorgeous! I L.O.V.E. that background! And I love that silhouette. Sympathy cards are never easy to create but you nailed this! Just beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, HOC teammie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning! I love your background, and the silhouettes look beautiful set against it. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful, i love the mix colors and silhouette is perfect for her! thanks for sharing with us... Feliz día! Paula, DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it, the colours and the silouettes and everything, Jo x HOC/DT friend

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sympathy cards are one of the hardest cards for me to create-and this one is just beautiful and inspiring! I love that background! The back strip is perfect and so is the silhouette. Hugs! Katy HOC Teammate :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect background for this silhouette, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful vibrant card! This is a wonderful sympathy card.
    Tina HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!