Thursday, March 10, 2016

Sepia Sympathy

I wanted to go a totally different direction with the SU Birthday Bloom set this time.  I'd never colored in neutrals like this before so learned quite a lot.   I wanted to use one of the neutral SU papers (not currently available) as a background so chose colors that went with that.  As usual, I colored up the flower then added deeper shadows and, in this case, used a white pigment pen to color white along the top of the petals which I blended in with my finger.  I had also used the lightest of greens on the leaves to give a hint of color.  I wish I could say I had chosen the sentiment before I started but, nope, pure luck that I had something that fit so perfectly.  Whew!

And here, again, is my previous card with this bloom.  Similar and yet so so different!

I cannot believe the SU party is only 3 days away!  Remember, if you like what you see, consider hopping over to Tonya's site to pick up the set and use the code 9HZBDHKP which you enter in a new field under the special offers section of the online order shopping bag. More inspiration with this set to come!

The Details:  SU Birthday Blooms and Hexagon Hive thinlit die, Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa, mystery cling rubber sentiment, Ranger superfine clear embossing powder, Copic 0, E40, E49, E71, E74, E77, YG91, YG99

I'm entering the sepia card in Inkspirational #103 Geometric, Mod Squad Easy Being Green, Simon Says A Bit o' Green  

8 comments:

  1. WOW Toni love the way you used the same stamp in entirely different ways...super creativity.
    Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes....would love to have you join in...Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are gorgeous. Mary L Schreiber

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful interpretation - that sepia coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...the neutral colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL! Your card is so striking. Loving all of the neutrals and then that subtle hint of green on your leaves. Well done! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!
    Thank you for playing with us at INK for our Geometric Challenge.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, love how you've coloured with neutrals colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!