Saturday, September 2, 2017

Guesting for the Sisterhood


I'm guesting for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers--woo hoo!  Challenge #92 is J for Jumble. Think collage, mixing up a bunch of images, supplies, etc.  Very fun!

Now if this card doesn't make you chuckle AND cringe, then nothing will! LOL. I started out stamping the mutt then put down a Distress Crayon yellow focal point and a blue ground. I added a brick stencil using Distress Ink. What an easy way to create shadow and depth. Next I colored the mutt using Copics which performed beautifully on the Strathmore mixed media paper.

The string gel guts, colored with a bit of acrylic paint, turned out perfectly in the pouring (used a q-tip with the tip broken off) but I wanted to keep working on the card rather than waiting for it to dry. Leaf on the guts? Covers fingerprint. Swirls? More fingerprint covering.  All turned out fine tho.

I used a branch die to create ivy and layered another die on top of that for the ivy leaves. That's about as collagey as I get! I did layer the sentiment although my CAS self wanted to stamp it directly on the background. The things I'm willing to do when I'm guesting!



I'm entering this in Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes, Cards 4 Guyz #177 Something with the Letter D, Addicted to Stamps and More #257 Make Your Mark, Mod Squad For a Friend  

The Details:  Tim Holtz Crazy Dogs, Distress Crayons Mustard Seed and Chipped Sapphire, Distress Ink Fired Brick and Vintage Photo, Ranger Archival Ink, Black Enamel Accents, Glossy Accents and Multi Matte Medium, CZ Designs Simple Sentiments 1, Memory Box Grove Branch Die, MFT Spring Wreath and Brick stencil, Copics, Liquitex Spring Gel and Basics Acrylic Light Portrait Pink, Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Christmas 6x6 paper

7 comments:

  1. Yep, I chuckled AND cringed at this one! So happy to have you as our Queen this month, Toni! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink string gel really is cringe-worthy, so way to go! Love this design and glad you were willing to add the perfect sentiment, too. Great to have you joining the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card for the sisterhood!!! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Toni this is ALL kinds of awesome!!
    Thanks so much for being our reigning Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwesome! I love the guts!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the best cards I've seen in a long time. I love everything about it! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!